Five $10,000 grants will be awarded for research pertaining to innovation in hernia repair, abdominal core health, hernia education, disparities in hernia repair, hernia prevention, or the science of hernia.
It is assumed that some of the resources required to conduct the project are available through the investigator’s institution. The research grant serves to provide supplemental support for personnel (not including the salary of the principal investigator), equipment or services required to complete the research.
Awards are based on the scientific merit of the project as well as the investigator’s capability and the likelihood that the project will be completed successfully. Considerations include the investigator’s experience, background, availability of patient material and other resources.
The following requirements must be met by the Investigators who receive the award:
- Investigators are required to submit semi-annual updates to the AHS Grants Committee during the research, starting 6 months after the grant has been awarded.
- At the conclusion of the project, the investigator is required to submit a final update report to the Committee.
- An abstract must be submitted for the AHS Annual meeting which immediately follows the successful completion of the work.
If the updates are not sent, AHS may need to recover the monies awarded
AHS must be acknowledged as a funding source in any publication(s) resulting from this work.
APPLICATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
The AHS Research Grant is open to any active member of the AHS or an AHS resident/fellow member of the AHS. The Grant is conferred on a competitive basis by submission of a Grant application that is reviewed and evaluated by the AHS Grants and Awards Committee.
THE APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
- Abstract – Maximum 250 words
- Letter of IRB approval if indicated
- Research description
- Detailed budget
Submission Deadline: August 7, 2020
Judging completed: September 1, 2020
Winners announced: September 2020 AHS Annual Meeting – New York
Research Results Presented: September 2021 AHS Annual Meeting – Austin
All applications must be submitted online. For inquiries, please contact Irina Muravyeva at firstname.lastname@example.org