Each year the AHS solicits nominations for the Nyhus-Wantz Award, keynote lecture to be presented at the Annual Meeting. Let your voice be heard, nominate your deserving colleague today! Nomination deadline for the 2020 Meeting is April 30th!
- Nominations for the Nyhus Wantz Award presented each year at the Annual Meeting is solicited from the general membership.
- The program committee is responsible for vetting the submissions and select the three top candidates for the Award.
- These candidates, along with any recommendations from the program committee considering the meeting themes and priorities, will be sent to the Board of Directors for final selection by majority vote.
- The recipient of the Nyhus Wantz Award will be invited to present keynote lecture (presentation topic of their choice) at the Annual Meeting. The Award includes complimentary registration for the meeting, one night hotel accommodations, and transportation (one economy class plane ticket) to attend the presentation and meeting.
Award Criteria for nominee selection
• Recognized leader in the field of Hernia Surgery
• Someone who has contributed to the Americas Hernia Society
• An inventor whose contribution(s) to science have enhanced hernia surgery
• An industry leader, scientist or physician whose company has enhanced hernia surgery
• Knowledge of basic science in biomaterial science, connective tissue disease or outcomes research in hernia
Past Award Winners
2010: Arthur Gilbert, MD
2011: Raymond Read, MD
2012: Guy Voeller, MD
2013: Brent Matthews, MD
2014: B. Todd Heniford, MD
2015: Not awarded –International EHS Meeting
2016: Bruce Ramshaw, MD
2017: Michael Rosen, MD
2018: Robert Fitzgibbons, MD
2019: Sergio Roll, MD